Friday, October 29, 2010

False Alarm

Sorry for the premature post about the job. Unfortunately I had to turn it down. I'm really disappointed because it seemed like such a perfect position. However, yesterday I went to visit the campus with my aunt and the school is way too far away from where the affordable housing is in Santiago. Also, without a car there would be no way for me to actually get to the school. So not being able to actually show up to work would make it hard to work there.

So now I'm back to square one, or whatever the expression is. Luckily, I've been told that native English speakers are like a hot commodity here. So my chances of finding another job are pretty good.

But still, it's a pretty big disappointment.

I still like owls though.

1 comment:

  1. Native English speakers are indeed a hot commodity in Chile. Adorable, cute and smart ones like you, though, are like winning the lottery! Of course, I am your mother, and do realize I might be a bit biased.

    ReplyDelete