Thursday, October 21, 2010

Santiago

I've been in Santiago for a few weeks now. And I can't even claim to have seen a fraction of the city yet. But I will admit, that I have been very surprised with what I have found.


I came to Chile adamantly declaring that I would never live in Santiago. No way would I ever stay in such a big city. However once I arrived, I doubt it even took 30 minutes for me to change my mind. It’s not quite as hectic as I imagined it to be.


Just like New York City, Santiago is split up into different areas. The part I’ve been staying in, Las Condes, is very pretty. It's mostly made up of apartment buildings and sky scrapers. Here’s a sampling of some of my favorite buildings so far:





Just kidding about the last one.



3 comments:

  1. Cool buildings climbing
    Accents to a strong skyline
    Santiago hi(gh)

    Almost fits the bill to be a Haiku
    I think of it as a HiMaggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, anything I say will pale compared to Joe's haiku - all I can say is that I'm delighted you like Santiago. And because I'm your mom, I just have to add DIDN'T I TELL YOU YOU WOULD LOVE IT???

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think your kidding about the dunkin :) lol

    ReplyDelete