Friday, November 5, 2010

Good News Again

On Wednesday I had a follow-up interview at a school I visited last week. After accepting and then declining a job, I was really excited to go on another interview. About 15 minutes into the interview I was offered a job! (In case you’re keeping track, that’s 3 interviews, 3 offers.) Of course I accepted the position. I will be teaching either 4th or 5th grade at a K-12 school that is a part of the British School Association. I’m not sure if that’s what it’s really called, but it really doesn’t matter. All that matters is that I have a job again!


This job greatly outranks both of the other positions I was offered before. Here’s why:

1) The school is actually located inside Santiago.

2) They offered me a lot more money.


I will be going back to the school on Monday to sign the contract.

And what’s even more important, is that once the contract is signed I can go back to planning my upcoming tour of Southern Chile.


See, I told you it was good news.

2 comments:

  1. Even though of course I knew of your good news, I can't help but having a huge smile on my face after reading your post. I am so proud of you, and have NO doubts you'll be a wonderful teacher at Bradford...or anywhere else you teach.

    And that trip to the southern part of Chile sounds beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you were to have a hundred more interviews you would have a hundred more offers.

    Each and every one of them would be awed by you - just like me.

    Take your time planning that trip. We all know that investigating where to go and what to do is almost as much fun as going there and doing that.

    Happy dance for you.

    ReplyDelete