Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


No this post has nothing to do with Christmas.

We've reached that glorious time in the school year where students get dismissed at 1pm (normally it's 3:15 or 4:00 depending on the grade). I can't tell you how happy this makes me. And don't forget, I've only been there for three weeks. I can only imagine how thrilled the regular teachers are who've been in school since March.

The school year ends on December 15th. I'll be filling in for at least one more week. Emphasis on the words 'at least'.

Not that I mind. More hours=more money=more traveling.

1 comment:

  1. Being a Sub. you actually get two to three times the aggravation that the regular teachers get. With that in mind you have packed six to nine weeks into your three. As such, your aggravation has been more intensely packed, it has been very much like trying to fit 10lbs into a 5lb (or should I be using kilos here >>smile<<) bag under the scrutiny of airport security after they so 'kindly' (air quotes) unpacked it for you.

    Hope you are using some of the extra time in the planning of your trip. I bet you get almost as much from the planning and investigating as you do from the trip itself. If that is the case I hope you are enjoying yourself a great deal.

    I envy you. I understand you are living the day to day, and it isn't always peaches and cream, but from here it looks to be the adventure of a lifetime with all the excitement and wonder that goes with it.

    Leave you with some Billy Joel - This is the time to remember:

    This is the time to remember
    Cause it will not last forever.
    These are the days to hold onto
    Cause we won't although we'll want to.
    This is the time, but time is going to change.

    ReplyDelete