Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tarzan.

I left home 70 days ago. And for the first time I've really felt homesick. I guess it was bound to happen eventually. Maybe it's because the holidays are coming up. I actually forgot about Thanksgiving, since it's not celebrated here. And if my mom wasn't harassing me for my Christmas wish list I would have forgotten about that too. It's summer time here. Not really the season I equate with Christmas.

Today at school all fourth grade students went to a local stadium to practice sports. So I had over two hours with nothing to do. I spent the time cleaning up the classroom and hanging up my kids' artwork. Outside on the patio one of the second grade classes was having music class. So for 45 minutes they sang the same song over and over again. What song you may ask? Only the sappiest song ever. "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins. The song is even sappier when little kids sing it.

This did not help with the homesickness.

Though there is one thing that is going to help. My roommates from college are all getting together on Friday. One might think that this would make me miss home more. But I have a Skype date set up with these lovely ladies and I can't wait to see them. Even if it's just through the computer.

And if they don't cure my homesick blues, I'm sure a trip to Dunkin Donuts or Subway will do the trick.

1 comment:

  1. I'll let Phil do my talking for me:

    When destiny calls you
    You must be strong
    I may not be with you
    But you've got to hold on

    Oh, you'll be in my heart
    No matter what they say
    You'll be in my heart, always
    Always

    ReplyDelete