Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Candy Corn

I received some candy in the mail the other day. Being the nice person that I am, I brought it into work to share with one of the other 4th grade teachers. Here's pretty much how the conversation went:

Oh, my mom sent me some American candy in the mail.
What was it?
Well it's called Candy Corn.
I want to try some! I planted some in Farmville, but I don't know what it is.


I very much enjoyed the fact that she had only heard of it through FarmVille. I knew that game was educational.

After trying some and deciding it was delicious she did two things. First, she asked how it got its name (for which I actually had no answer*) and then she took a picture of it to send to her husband. I decided a picture wasn't enough, so I gave her the rest of the bag to take home so he could try it. I'm just that nice. (To adequately assess my level of nice-ness in this scenario, you should know that I really, really like candy corn.)




*In case you were wondering (as I am sure you were) candy corn was named so because the genius who invented it thought that it looked like a kernel of corn. Well a very large kernel of corn. Three times as large in fact. Thank you Wikipedia.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED that the teacher only knew of candy corn from Farmville. I never planted it myself, but thought that being able to plant it was a lot of fun. Now you need to try with candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sourcing WIKI ... OMG ... C-

    >>smile<<

    Great story/blog

    ReplyDelete