Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dunkin Donuts

When I was in Spain four years ago I found a Dunkin Donuts in Barcelona. The donuts there were frosted with neon colored goo. I don’t know about you, but fluorescent green and vivid pink are not colors of food I find particularly appetizing.

Every time I walked past a Dunkin Donuts here (every morning on my way to work) I convinced myself the donuts here were going to be covered in obnoxiously bright colors and therefore inedible.

Oh how wrong I was.

I finally caved and went to a Dunkin Donuts. In all honesty, I only went because I was out walking around with Paula and she wanted a coffee. Of course, once we were inside it was impossible to say no to a donut. First off, the donuts are decorated in normal frosting colors. And the decorations are sometimes on the verge of being miniature masterpieces. Okay maybe a bit of a stretch, but they are certainly pretty, with swirls in coordinating colors.

But once I found out that there were donuts filled with manjar (dulce de leche) I stopped caring about the frosting. While there are many choices of donuts with manjar, I opted for one that was sans-frosting, but rather rolled in cinnamon sugar. Unfortunately, it was insanely delicious.

2 comments:

  1. Anything with manjar is delicious - I'd even eat a donut with it, and you know I don't like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Manjar AND cinnamon ... a little circle of heaven on earth!

    ReplyDelete