Monday, January 31, 2011

Lost Connection

In Chile everyone is issued a number called a RUT. Essentially it is like a social security number. Mine just so happens to be comprised solely from Hurley’s lottery numbers. If this reference is not immediately clear to you, then I truly feel sorry for you. But I will enlighten you nevertheless.

Once again, I am referring to the greatest show ever created. Maybe you have heard of it. It’s called LOST. One of the mysteries at the center of the show is a series of numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

So these are the numbers in my RUT. Some of them are even in the correct order. Even more odd is that Hurley is portrayed by actor Jorge Garcia whose father just so happens to be Chilean.

Coincidence??

Absolutely.

1 comment:

  1. Just want to clarify here: You are making Lost connections - A show that was basically Lord of the Flies on steroids.
    Hurley connections - A guy who institutionalizes himself not once but twice.
    Lottery+++ number connections... (I am not going here 'cause you know the show and the effect of those numbers even better than I do)
    Sounds like you are drawing parallels to a bad dream and are happy about it.

    Please let us know when your visiting hours are.
    HUGS!

    (side note - I really really want to be on VW bus excursion when you get to that part)

    ReplyDelete