Monday, February 14, 2011

Terremotos: Update

Today at 12:40am a 6.6-magnitude earthquake shook Chile. Again. Even though the epicenter was 180 miles away from Santiago, I awoke to a slightly shaking bed and rattling windows. Before I could even recognize what was happening it had stopped, and I quickly fell back asleep.

Since Friday there have been four quakes over 6.0 and almost a dozen aftershocks. However, from what I have read online, all of these earthquakes are considered aftershocks from the Feburary earthquake of 2010.

Hopefully the tectonic plates decide to settle down and stay in one place for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. It's really not the tectonic plates you need to worry about ...

    It's the tectonic cups and saucers.

    ba dum

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you meant to say "bazinga" instead of "ba dum".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually I was thinking of the the drum taps that are given to signify the end of a bad joke in case the audience missed it.

    BUT

    If you liked the joke and didn't need the 'ba dum' then by all means certainly I meant bazinga-ga.
    >>smile<<

    ReplyDelete