Friday, February 18, 2011

The Time Has Come..

You know that annoying back to school Staples commercial where the dad is happily throwing school supplies into his shopping cart while his kids follow behind him looking all glum to the tune of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year"?

Well, that time of the year has suddenly arrived. It became all to clear when I went to the grocery store and seemingly endless amounts of school supplies were in bins all over the store. After two months of vacation it is finally time to go back to work. Teachers report to school next week and the students arrive on March 1st.

I'm nervous and excited. Though I'm not sure which emotion is stronger. The one thing I am certain of is that this certainly will be an interesting (and hopefully amazing) experience.


2 comments:

  1. Buy the pencils
    Buy the books
    Get miss Maggie's happy looks

    There is no time like the first time. Make everything you can of it and your experience will be both wonderful and amazing.

    Set your boundaries early - stick to them - be fair - and they will respect you and your rules.

    Have fun - and they will too.

    Take the time and opportunity to learn as much from them as they learn from you and you will all remember each other forever.

    You will not be fine - _You will be exceptional_.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I know I'm totally biased, but I agree with Joe, you will be exceptional! I am so proud of you and all you've accomplished in such a short time. I think your students are lucky to have you in their lives - as we are.

    ReplyDelete