Monday, March 14, 2011

P is for Prefect

I met with my boss today to discuss the process of electing the student government for my class. It's a new concept for both my students and me. Starting in quinto básico (5th grade) each class will elect a president, vice president, secretary and treasurer. I'm quite excited about the whole thing. Mr. Boss Man told me that it will be set up following the actual Chilean voting procedure. So I'm sure I'll learn a lot as well.

Anyway, as we were discussing things, he told me that each grade is assigned a prefect. My immediate response? "Oh, just like in Harry Potter."

I don't care what the assigned prefect's name is. I'm going to call him (or her) Percy.

2 comments:

  1. I think it's great that they're doing it following the Chilean voting process. That will certainly eliminate unsavory dictatorships!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that may only work if he/she can call you Miss Minerva (McGonagall). Keep a sharp eye out for those Slytherins who, no doubt about it, are looking to create the unsavory things mentioned in the earlier comment OR even worse attempt to bring back he who's name must not be spoken.

    Keep us informed as to their/your progress and know that if things become overwhelming you can always invoke the guardian -pigeon-, ah, dove on your wrist.

    ReplyDelete