I leave for work rather early in the morning when I have less tolerance than normal to deal with obnoxious people. Unfortunately it has come to my attention that some people do not understand how to properly share a confined space with others. So here’s my how-to guide in reverse. It’s more of a “what not to do when riding in a colectivo”.
1. If you do not bathe regularly do not get in a colectivo.
2. Do no listen to music….unless you’re wearing headphones.
3. No cell phone conversations.
4. If you’re sitting in the middle, please brace yourself when we take sharp turns. I rather dislike being shoved up against the door.
5. Wait until the driver is at a red light to pay him. Do you really want him counting change while weaving in between lanes of traffic?
6. Did I mention the bathing regularly rule?
7. No eating smelly foods.
8. No bodily functions are permitted. But come on, that’s an obvious rule.
If you are unable to abide by the aforementioned rules, please choose an alternate means of transportation to work.