Sunday, April 3, 2011

Friday Night

On Friday night, Mike and I met up with my roommate Julia and her friends at a sushi bar. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a vegetarian, and I despise fish, raw or cooked. I was promised good mojitos and Mike loves sushi so it seemed like a perfect place to start the evening.

I was excited to find that they had vegetarian sushi. It was basically rice and vegetables covered in glorious amounts of delicious avocado. And it was amazing. The mojitos weren’t bad either. Though I really wasn’t a fan of the mint. It kept sneaking up the straw which was always an unpleasant surprise. We sat outside for almost three hours, eating, drinking and talking. I can’t really think of a better way to pass the time.

Around 1am we decided to go to a club. Now keep in mind, I’m not a club person. And I’ve totally come to terms with the fact that I am, without a doubt, the worst dancer on the face of the planet. Or at least in Chile. Okay, that’s a hyperbole. But my lack of dancing skills are greatly emphasized when I’m surrounded by all these amazing Latin dancers.

Anyway, back to the club. As the evening progressed, more and more people arrived at the club. It got to the point where it was almost impossible to go to the bar. But we all had an amazing time. They played wicked good music from the 80s and 90s interspersed with a few Latin songs every now and then. For some idiotic reason, we were standing right next to the speaker all night long. So by the time 4am rolled around and we decided to leave, I was pretty convinced I had gone deaf.

Let me conclude this by saying the following: Although the aforementioned events took place on April Fool’s Day and are activities I would normally not partake in, I want to ensure those of you who know me and might be skeptical about the authenticity of this post, that everything I wrote is in fact true. And not just a lame April Fool’s Day joke.

2 comments:

  1. It couldn't count as an April fools post even if was meant to be... you can only post an April fools blog on April 1st - otherwise it is just lame come-back that you thought of way after it was appropriate... and that would be so NOT you!!!

    Sounds like you had a real good time even with the mint up the straw (just get it out of there before you use the straw .... what were doing drinking alcohol out of a straw anyway? you know that messes you up just that much faster (AF))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun time. Did the sushi place have tempura vegetarian sushi?? That would be very good. What vegi was in the sushi??

    ReplyDelete