Sunday, May 29, 2011

They're Here!

On Wednesday I went to the airport with my Tio Mario to pick up my mom and Joe. I had to work in the morning so Tio Mario picked me up from there. It was amazing driving to the airport because we were able to have a whole conversation in Spanish. Go me! Anyway, their plane was delayed for about 30 minutes, and I promise you those were the longest 30 minutes of my life. We were waiting on the 2nd floor because there are windows overlooking the baggage claim area. I snapped this picture as they got in line for the veggie and fruit inspection. 

There they are!
Finally!


My mom went to have lunch with Tio Mario while Joe and I sorted through all the luggage. I should probably mention that they practically brought me the contents of my entire room. So Joe unpacked all three suitcases just to fish out all my stuff. This bag might have been my favorite part. It contained a Halloween night's worth of candy.


It was full of all sorts of delicious-ness.
After a quick dinner of empanadas at my apartment, we called it a night. They had been on the go for almost 36 hours and I was fighting a cold so we were all pretty out of it. 

We have so many fun things planned for the next week...it's going to be a blast!


2 comments:

  1. Being here with you is so wonderful! I'm totally amazed at how well you fit in Stgo, and your Spanish is fantastic, Alejandra is doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In that first pic I am the guy behind the 75 kilos and 1.5 meters of luggage.

    I have had some difficulty commenting on this blog post due to circumstances beyond my control - I do believe that the internet hot point is censoring me by making it impossible to actually post. I have tried to post here 2 or 3 times before only to press 'post' and find that I have been disconnected and that everything has been lost.

    So now I find myself, sadly, at the end of our visit with only %25 of the weight and height of luggage (the rest having been left with you know who) wishing that it could all just begin again.

    I haven't even left yet and already I miss you.

    ReplyDelete