Saturday, July 2, 2011

Burbujas

Spanish lesson of the day: burbujas = bubbles


Last weekend I went to the MIM. That’s the acronym for Museo Interactivo Mirador. It’s a science museum for children (and adults that like that kind of stuff). I went with my Spanish teacher Alejandra, her boyfriend and one of their friends.

Seeing how it was a Saturday, the place was filled with a plethora of headache-inducing children running amok.  But then again, it’s a children’s museum, so I guess I shouldn’t have expected anything different. There were several rooms, each with a specific theme, ranging in topics from optical illusions to the weather.

I should probably add a side note here. Growing up outside of San Francisco, my family and I frequently visited the Exploratorium, an amazing, hands-on science museum in the city. They had an exhibit where you could make huge bubbles. There was a table filled with a soapy solution and huge metal rings that would produce gigantic bubbles.

Well, the MIM one-upped the Exploratorium, much to my delight. They had a whole room just for bubbles. There were at least six stations to make giant bubbles. It was definitely my favorite part of the whole museum. No, seriously. I would totally go back just to play with the bubbles. It was that much fun.  




Alejandra in a bubble.

I'm in a bubble!

Seba in a bubble.


(Gabriel was in a bubble too. But it popped before I could take a picture.)



Now for a few non-bubble related pictures. Really just to prove the museum had other things to do besides playing with bubbles.


Seba, playing a game very similar to Operation. 
I've always loved optical illusions.
Mirrors!




While writing about all the bubbles, I couldn't help but think about a certain fish from Finding Nemo. 


We feel the same way about bubbles.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the video! And it brought back lots of wonderful memories of the Exploratorium (your post not the video). I remember taking you and several other little girls there, for your birthday! And the claustrophobia in the tactile dome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (not 1st)

    Where I am not going with this - Think TOSH.O: "Give me 30 seconds on the clock."
    ---

    MAGGIE IN A BUBBLE! - My bubble! My bubble!

    Seba less than 5 sec later - BUZzzzz.

    Needed the caption on the optical illusion.

    Mirrors: Look --- Maggie's flashing everyone on her blog!
    ---

    Loved the video ... will now have to hang with the nephew and nieces and watch the movie.

    ---

    Looks like you all had a great time. Have more great times please (selfish of me but I want more BLOG!).

    ReplyDelete