Thursday, August 18, 2011

Snow!

It's snowing. Right now. In Santiago. Huge snowflakes are falling from the sky. Maybe the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen. My students are going nuts. They keep asking me if they can go to the bathroom because then they can walk outside. They're quite sneaky like that. It took me about 3 minutes to figure out what they were doing.

You should know that it almost never snows in Santiago. They told me it has been three years since it snowed here. I looked it up and somewhere it said the last time it snowed was in 2007.

I guess if I hadn't seen snow in 4 years I'd be excited too.

5 comments:

  1. How about if you hadn't seen snow since you were 6 or 7? Or what if you could only remember having seen snow once in your life? Also really helps to have an understanding teacher who will recognize that after you went out to see the snow and came back - you really did need to go to the bathroom now >>smile<<

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm (snowy) Welcome to Isle Of Man the newest (26th) country -really cool flag- to your flag count. Also a friendly hello to the newest visitor from the states.

    Apologies to all the countries and people that I haven't welcomed before ... you too are all warmly welcomed ... it's just that I didn't appoint myself unofficial welcomer until recently >>smile<<)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me of your first winter in Rhode Island, and how you burst into our room very early in the morning, waking us up with "IT'S SNOWING!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. joseph, you never fail to make me laugh.

    official flag count welcomer has a nice sort of ring to it, don´t you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first OFFICIAL welcome to the newest MoaG Flag, Sweden, and the most recent new visitor from Chile!

    Get 3 more flags and you will have as many different flags on your blog as you have had country visitors to your apartment at the last party held there (not a really accurate apartment count but is always seems like a united nations convention when I hear about it)>>smile<<.

    ReplyDelete