Sunday, September 25, 2011

And the Countdown Begins

Tomorrow marks the start of term three.

There are 80 more days until the last day of school. Thankfully that includes the weekends.

Eight days after the last day of school I leave for the US and can ignore my alarm clock for two whole months.

And somewhere between now and then there are four glorious holidays. (Holidays = no work.)




Okay, this might seem like I don't like my job or I don't like living here in Chile. And that couldn't be more wrong. Teaching is a very demanding job and I'm very much looking forward to sleeping in for two months. And of course, visiting friends and family in the States.

8 comments:

  1. Can't wait to have you home so we can spoil you by: letting you sleep until whenever you want; feeding you all your favorite stuff; doing your laundry; taking you shopping; taking you to all your favorite restaurants; interrupting whatever we're doing the minute you walk in the door so we can listen to all the stuff you want to talk about; and of course, petting you!

    And just so you know, I've already started planning on a Poochie cooler to take with me to the airport full of goodies for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I was gazing at your blog and I was wondering if there are any counselor jobs in chile? And I was wondering if you feel safe as if you were living in the US? Any information will help. Thanks. Like your blog by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey thanks for reading! My school doesn't have any counselors. We do have a psychologist but I'm not sure how similar that is.

    As for safety, I feel perfectly safe here. Luckily I live in a very safe neighborhood. However, I've never lived in a big city before so I have little to compare it to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 42/50 ... just sayin' (not like I'm counting or anything)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Can't wait for you to get home! We NEED to all get together while you are home and catch up! Once you get things figured out let me know what days work best for you! I should be off of work in between Christmas & New Years. Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete