Saturday, September 10, 2011

Year One


No, this isn't about the Jack Black movie.




On Thursday/Friday I celebrated my first year of living in South America. Why Thursday and Friday? Well I left home on September 8th, 2010 but did not arrive until the 9th. I'm that far away from home. 

I thought I'd celebrate with a cake. So I made this:


Veggie Tales!

No wait. That cake wasn't for me. I found it on Google. 


I celebrated my one year in South America by having 29 parent teacher conferences. Sounds fun, right? 





3 comments:

  1. Mixed feelings on your 1st year celebration, Maggie. Sad to have you gone for such a long time, and also happy that you've in my country, and know that you've have such an wonderful experience. And that cake is for YOU, even if it was a google cake. You're an awesome person and I'm so very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a few thoughts:

    Many happy returns of the day.
    It could have been worse, might have been more than 30.
    Stunning Google 'Veggie Tales' cake.
    Spelling not being my forte, I would have spelled it tails.

    Upset that we couldn't be there with you. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete