Monday, April 23, 2012

I Want a Wand

As a teacher I think it's important to pull inspiration from other educators. There are so many characteristics of a great teacher I almost couldn't choose just five. But when I had to narrow it down here is what I came up with:



1. Complete hatred of students.
2. Physical violence? Absolutely!
3. Instill fear in (almost) all your students.
4. Speak as if always giving death threats.
5. Greasy hair a must.


It took me about 2 seconds to find someone who embodied all of the aforementioned qualities.

Snape.



I sincerely hope you weren't expecting anyone else.



Pretty sure that's illegal.



This whole post came about because today while reading "The Witches" aloud to my students I had to keep reading the number 454. I couldn't not read it like Snape. And anyone who is a true fan of Snape should remember the following scene.


Side note: Teaching would be so much easier if I had a wand.



And as a present to all my loyal readers, I found this clip while searching for the previous one. As long as you're a Harry Potter fan you'll enjoy it. And if you're not, well then, 1000 points from Slytherin. (Only Slytherin's hate HP.)



You're most welcome.

2 comments:

  1. As you know, I have no idea about anything related to Harry Potter. But, I can tell you 2 things:

    1) Greasy hair is not attractive on you.
    2) You don't need a wand: that's what your smile is for. Sometimes you'll get the feeling it's not working, but trust me, most of the times it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really looks impressive in the video but the truth is that the terror he inspires is actually counterproductive as can be seen in the following video.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeqCgQ7IXTg

    (blogger will not allow me to embed the video)
    -----------

    From teachhub dot com come this gem of teacher evaluation for all of Harry's teachers:

    http://www.teachhub.com/harry-potter-special-evaluating-hogwarts-teachers

    Sample-
    Snape: ..."Snape relies largely on fear and intimidation to motivate students and can create a high-pressure, unpleasant work environment that does not breed the best results from his students."...

    ----
    I would think you are more like Dumbledore:
    ..."Dumbledore’s main focus was on character education and developing the whole child."...

    ReplyDelete