Saturday, July 21, 2012

Smog. Ugh.

A few weeks ago we got a ton of rain. Of course, I loved every second of it. One of the perks of the rain is that it clears away the smog that is constantly hovering over the city. One day at work, after it had rained for most of the night, I wandered around to find a perfect view of the Andes. 

Success!


Of course, this was a few weeks ago. With no rain the smog has returned. There are days when you literally cannot see the mountains.

I found this online. It made me laugh. And then cry out of disgust.




2 comments:

  1. Los Angeles is the same. I didn't know there were mountains behind that city either. That was a great shot you took and a funny one of the postcard too. I look through smogs and say to myself what a shame they obscure such beautiful countryside. Then you say to yourself: all those cars!
    Love, Michael.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Mike! I'm very jealous I missed your visit to the States. I hope to see you and the other half of my favorite Australian duo soon!

      Delete