Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Un-title-able

Oh, poor neglected blog. I've been on vacation for over a week now. And I'm being very floja (lazy).

Today is the start of Fiestas Patrias in Chile. It's a two-day long celebration commemorating the independence of Chile. More on that later. But here's the Google doodle just for the fun of it.



Quick shout out to my niece, Charley. Today is her first birthday. Here's my favorite picture of her. This was taken back in January when she was around four months old.

This picture always makes me smile.

And finally, Bacon. My mom sent me this picture today. My baby, Bacon will be arriving in Chile in three days! My mom and Joe will be coming with him, of course. And Lucy, too (that's another cat).


As he will soon become a Chilean cat, I feel it's only appropriate to change his name from Bacon to Tocino. (That's Spanish for 'Bacon'.)

4 comments:

  1. Felices Fiestas Patrias, Maggie! I hope you enjoy the parada tomorrow.

    And no, your cat will not be renamed Tocino. He's suffered a re-baptism already. And in any case, if we were to name him appropriately, he would be Bestiecita.

    Can't wait to see you, my sweet adored child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, 'another cat' - in prens yet? - REALLY? ... that bag full of stuff you were expecting ...I forgot to pack it!

    I guess we should be grateful that you even mentioned her.

    ALL of us- Beastie, Lucy, mom, and I- can not wait to see you in about ...60 hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joe, I knew you'd love the Lucy comment!

      Delete