Thursday, November 15, 2012

So today this happened...

This afternoon in the middle of social studies my phone rang. It was my mom. I didn't answer since I was in the middle of class. But then she called back immediately after. So naturally, I thought something was wrong. So I went outside into the hallway to answer the phone (the kids were watching a video).

I asked my mom what was wrong and she replied with, "What have you wanted more than anything?". And I said, "a cat". And she said they got me one. (I don't remember her exact words because I was too excited.) So yes. I am the proud new owner of an orange kitten.


Of course I immediately told my students (they actually started clapping) and when the video was over I asked them for some name suggestions. After we established that I would absolutely not name the cat after any of them, this is what they came up with.


My personal favorites are Sheldon and Harry (duh, Harry Potter). They kept insisting I name the kitten Harry Martin, after Harry Potter and Chris Martin (lead singer of Coldplay). Horrible combination, but it's nice to know that they remember the things I like most.

I stopped letting them record the names on the board when the girls started voting for Bieber (as in Justin Bieber).

Kitten (not sure if it's a boy or girl) is in Villarrica with my mom and Joe. Luckily, I'll be down there next Thursday for Thanksgiving. So I have one week to come up with a name. Suggestions are welcome.

6 comments:

  1. Well, definitely not Bieber. Dora the Explorer would be appropriate if we were sure she's a girl. It won't stay still and insists on checking everything in the house, pouncing on laptop cords, yarn. Timid, it's not. It's been such a long time since we've had a kitten in the house, and I'm enthralled by it - wish I didn't have to go make dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philadelphia - No explanation needed here.

    Stitch - because it is what you get in your side from laughing and because it loves yarn and knitting. And because a stitch in time saves nine.

    Petrol - because it both is a, and has some, gas.

    OTJ - Ode to Joy ... you really need to see the videos to understand this one.
    --------
    thats all for now



    ReplyDelete
  3. You can name it yourself, but better come up with a "boy" name. Over 80% of yellow/orange tabbies are male and they make fabulous pets. Just ask the family who has my 18-year old Kitty Boy.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read that as well - that most orange tabbies are male, although we did have the most wonderful cat in the world, Molly, who was a female orange tabby. I think this gives Maggie the green light to call him Sheldon or Harry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. TIAT - tempest in a teacup.... OR as far as the other cats in the house are concerned the first T stands for terrorist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shredder - it fits both a boy and a girl and it certainly fits this kitten since it shred us both to pieces trying to climb our legs, arms, and in Joe's case, his face.

      And because Kitten from Hell is too long.

      Delete