Sunday, November 11, 2012

Villarrica Trip-Part Four

Finally. The last post in a four part series about my trip to Villarrica.

Friday was incredibly overcast and I was unfortunately not able to see the volcano. Way to go, clouds. Saturday morning I woke up to clear skies so my mom and I went for a walk by the lake. It was gorgeous. There were hardly any clouds in the sky. Of course, the few clouds decided to hang out by the volcano. Seriously? What jerks. Luckily, every time I looked back more and more of the volcano was visible.

Peaking out behind the clouds.

Get out of the way, clouds!

I give up.


After our walk we went to one of the local grocery stores to get supplies for dinner. The store has um, an interesting name.


Yup. Eltit. I have officially renamed it the boob store, as in "I'm heading to the boob store, can I pick you up anything?". I totally crack myself up sometimes (okay, most of the time).

We spent the early part of the afternoon outside on the deck with Bacon (on his leash, of course). How pretty is my cat??



His belly is too much. 

Lucy, on the other hand, prefers to hide away in the bedroom. If you look closely, you can see a small bird perched on the wooden thing below the window on the right. And if you look even more closely, you can see Lucy sitting on the bed, transfixed by the bird.



That evening we headed back into town to pick up some vegetables from a small produce market.  On the way, we passed by the lake and the volcano again. All the clouds had retreated so we decided to stop for a quick photo op.



And then it hit me. What do you get when  you combine a volcano and a Joe?? 



 JOE VERSUS THE VOLCANO!!!


I swear, this will never NOT be funny.  (If you don't get it, that's what Google is for.)

So that, was my trip to Villarrica. Oh wait, I still need to recap my return to Santiago. Basically, I forgot that in Chile they use the 24-hour clock. So the bus ticket I booked for 2 o'clock, turned out to be for 2am instead of 2pm (14:00).  Of course I realized this at nine in the morning...the day of my return. Luckily I was able to get a ticket for a flight leaving from Valdivia, which is maybe an hour away. The nice thing is that the flight cut my travel time by about five hours. And it costs the same as the bus tickets. So no more buses for this girl! 

Holy Volcanoes! (Okay they might just be regular mountains. I was too far away to tell.)


And if you've survived this long post full of photos, here's one more. I love it. I just forgot to post it the last time. 

 
Adorable!



2 comments:

  1. Great post Maggie! You pretty much covered everything, including the boob store! I had never thought of it that way until you mentioned it. Now, of course, I can't call it anything else in my head. Loved the Lucy picture! It's very hard to see her, even if you know she's there. It sort of reminds me of those "can you find the picture" in those magazines you read as a child, Highlight I think they were called.

    ReplyDelete