Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Pointless Post about Water

This really exists.

I recently found out about a type of bottled water called Ice Swan.


This water comes from a melting glacier in the Chilean Patagonia (talk about profitting from global warming). Here's a snapshot from their website. Look how they seamlessly merge the lady in a white dress with a massively oversized swan. 


So to recap, so far it's just melted ice in a fancy glass bottle with a picture of a diamond-swan on the label. That by itself surely doesn't warrant a blog post, right? Of course not. Let's see what else we can find out about the water. Oh yes, here it is and I quote, "As a unique distinction Ice Swan is bottled to the sounds of ambient classical music, following the theories of Dr. Masaru Emoto, who sustains that water has memory."

In the words of Miss Liz Lemon, what the what?!

I don't know which is more absurd, the fact that someone believes water has memory or the fact that a water company bottles water to the sound of classical music.

2 comments:

  1. I think this is one of the most ridiculous publicity gimmicks I've ever seen or heard of! Water having memory or benefiting from being bottled with classical music playing in the background?

    If they had specified it was Albinoni or Bach...maybe I wouldn't feel it was such a joke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds nutty and I agree that it's an "interesting" marketing tool. Wonder what a bottle of Ice Swan costs.

    In NY, I went to a lecture by Dr. Masaru Emoto after seeing the film "What the Bleep Do We Know!?" It sounds ridiculous, but I find his theories intriguing.

    ReplyDelete