Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mass Text

I actually feel bad for posting this video. It's that horrible. Remember when Rebecca Black came out with that terrible song? Of course you do. But here's the video anyway because I'm sure my mom has no idea what I'm referencing.



Anyway, on Monday I was having class with my 8th graders and I told them about a new video I had seen that was even worse than Rebecca Black. (They, unlike my mother, know who she is.) They insisted I show them the video so I looked it up and showed it to them during the last 5 minutes of class. Thankfully, they agreed that the video was terrible. The "singing" and "dancing" are horrific. The song is ridiculous. As are the Barbies and the dog. The one thing we all agreed on was that the video is absolutely hilarious. (I'm sure that was not the singer's intention.)

Anyway, if you haven't already seen it, and my glowing review hasn't yet made you close the page, here is Tay Allyn's video "Mass Text". If you've made it this far you might as well watch the video.



I'm sorry.

If it makes you feel any better, for the rest of the week my students sang bits and pieces of this song during our class. So every day I left their room with this horrible song stuck in my head.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, I'd never heard of Rebecca Black and of course, never about Mass Text. As I told you, I was expecting the text of a mass, as in a church.

    I guess you're not alone in disliking Rebecca Black. As of today, 1,146,243 people dislike the video on youtube, and according to wiki, when it was first uploaded it hit over 3 million dislikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gotta have something to be that thoroughly disliked. What I am trying to say is that first you have to take the time to find it, then you watch it ... at least a part of it, then you have to hit the dislike button - when you think about all the people that did not make it to step three that also didn't like it, or wouldn't have liked it ... well that is some kind of bad.

    Welcome back to blogging Gringa we missed you!

    ReplyDelete